Wednesday, May 12, 2010

WFMW: Knorr Chicken Bouillon is a Timesaver




Check out Works For Me Wednesday at We Are That Family!

A standard ingredients for many quick and easy soups and pasta dishes at our Improv kitchen is chicken bouillon powder, particularly Knorr.  Whether you are making Mexican Red Rice, Sopa Fideo, or Albondigas Style Soup, or just a simple chicken noodle soup with broth and angel hair pasta, Knorr's chicken bouillon is great to have on hand.  As much as I use it, I stock up with a huge (35.3 oz.) jar from Costco, which lasts me for 5-6 months for about $4.00.  Small jars, sold in the grocery store, run more than a dollar apiece, and don't last me more than a couple of weeks.  It's definitely worthwhile to get a big jar if you do a lot of improv meals. 

I find that the angel hair and chicken bouillon are a great alternative to Top Ramen, though, of course, it's not a regular meal in our home.  Add a couple of beaten eggs, and its an easy egg drop soup.  Or, drop whole raw eggs into the hot soup mixture, allow the eggs to poach, and serve the eggs in the chicken noodle soup mixture.  This is a popular, easy dinner for the kids.  There are also other varieties of Knorr Bouillon, including beef, tomato, and vegetable, which can be used for different flavors.  However, I haven't seen these at the warehouse store. 

Knorr Chicken Bouillon works for quick, tasty meals, which works for me.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

I've never thought of making my own ramen. What a great idea.

 
V